Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Beginning

I have known for a long time that I wanted to be a mother someday. Someday has arrived and I am adopting a baby girl from China. I wanted to wait until I felt I had the resources; physically, emotionally and financially . I think I have prepared myself well other than the financial area. Is there ever really enough? So after much research, and soul searching I decided on two possible agencies to help me facilitate this adoption. On Yom Kippur of this year, I was accepted into the singles program at a well-known and highly respected organization. One thing you should know is that this is a honor. Only 8% of all applicants can be from single parents and my agency thought enough of me to approve my application. Now the paper chase begins. My dossier (a whole slew of required paperwork) is just about complete. I am waiting on some state clearances so I can complete my packet, which then needs to be certified by the state as well as authenticated by the Chinese Embassey in NY. Once that happens, I will be considered DTC (dossier to China) and my official wait will begin. I hope that this time next year I will be going to China to bring my angel home. My friends and family have been incredibly supportive and my father will be accompanying me to China. I will post entries here to keep everyone abreast of where I am in the process. Welcome aboard and feel free to leave comments in my guestbook. Someday I am sure SHE will enjoy reading what people had to say