Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy Pesach!

Last night marked Emme's first Passover. We attended a seder at the home of our cousins and Emme did very well though somewhat vocal at times. As always, she requested MORE matzah ball soup but she also had brisket, carrots, an apple and a few grapes. Who can forget she also had a glass of "wine" (grape juice) and thought that was just groovy. She even gave a little amen, here and there. She helped light the candles and say the prayer (b/w photo) and enjoyed a rousing game of "match the mitzvah" with mom-mom. I expected her to be asleep in seconds once we hit the car at 11pm but the Divine Miss Em was WIDE AWAKE. We got home, cuddled and it wasn't long until I heard the Emme snore I've come to know and love.

6 comments:

Yoli said...

I love seeing children following tradition. What beautiful memories and great photos.

"M" said...

I'm so impressed! I skipped Passover this year thinking A was too young and would be more disruptive than anything. Since our family lives out of town, I worried too much to risk it at a friends family sedar. Maybe I was wrong on this one.

Michele said...

Happy Passover to you both.

Anonymous said...

Did you both recline? Those are some sweet shots.

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy Passover to you and Em too! Your pictures are so great and I cannot believe how big she is getting. Have a wonderful weekend away, what a great thing to do! I wish I could get away sometimes. Anyway, great to hear from you. Em is a cutie!!!

comingaroundagain said...

What an incredible experience for little Em. It sounds/looks like it was fun for her (and you) too!