Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Catch-Up

Today marks 2 months since Emme arrived home in the US and became a US citizen. Some days it seems like a lifetime ago and on other days it feels like yesterday. What I do know is that an amazing transformation has come about in the past 2 months in both of us. She has learned to trust again, to give and receive love and affection, to smile, to share and to be who she was meant to be. I have learned to be a little less selfish, to listen more and to appreciate the smallest of gestures. It was only 2 months ago that I was afraid of the future and today I can't imagine my life without this littlest blessing. We spent the weekend with friends at the children's museum (and we became members), a great day with MP and his family and mama even got a respite on Monday while Emme had tons of fun with grandma and nana.

9 comments:

Juliette said...

2 months already! Time flies...
So glad you two are doing so great!
It's a pleasure to read you and look at the pics of your beautiful Emme.
Thanks!

Michele said...

Congratulations on 2 months. I just knew that this little flower would blossom with your love and she sure has.

Yoli said...

Already 2 months?! Wow! Lisa, I love this post. So much joy in her face and in your words. Great job, my hat's off to you.

Anonymous said...

drum baby drum. Happy 2nd month.

Twice Blessed China Mom said...

Glad you're back! I missed my Emme updates! Are you videoing Emme a lot? I'm so glad I have my girls voices recorded! They change so quickly and I'm so glad I have their voices!
Jeana

RamblingMother said...

she is adorable. looks like you have a budding artist on your hand.

kitchu said...

I'm so glad for you and your littlest blessing...

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh she is looking so incredibly happy and you sound so much more 'relaxed' and not worried like before... it is great to see all the photos of you both... love to you both.. take care

Cavatica said...

Drum roll! You done good, girl!