Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday

We had a pretty low key weekend planned. Friday night grandma came over for dinner and we hung out and went through Emme's fall clothes to take stock of what was needed. Yesterday we had dance class though she wasn't too keen on it most likely because she woke up at 4:45am so by 10:30 she was pretty tired. We stopped at Starbucks for mama to have a little pick me up and shared a slice of pumpkin bread before heading to our friend Leslie's house to see her and her new daughter. We hung out a bit before venturing to the local street fair with babes in tow. Emme took an hour nap in the stroller and seemed to have a good time. I realized at some point my cell phone was gone but luckily I suspected it was left at Starbucks. Five hours later I found my phone unscathed under the cushion of the chair we were sitting in. Off to the hardware store we went to get a 3 prong outlet so our FIOS TV could be installed today. Oh what fun (as you can see). Before you knew it, Ra-Ra was here waiting for us and we spent some quality time together before heading out for dinner. We took Emme to a local pizzeria/restaurant that I first went to at age 2 1/2. The guys used to let me sit on the counter and roll a piece of dough. My elementary school was across the street and I grew up blocks away. Even if not by name, they knew us all and we always got a warm welcome and that continues to this day. 35 years later, it's the same guys and the same warm familiar hello. We sat in the restaurant section and Emme was quite impressed with their ravioli evidenced by her being covered in cheese. It was nice to bring the next generation there. Today we're just relaxing waiting for out new FIOS TV installation and we'll cook a nice dinner later.

5 comments:

Michele said...

That pizza/pasta place was yummy and we'll have to take all the kids there the next time we are in town.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. It drives me nuts when I lose things. I do that often.

I love the brown outfit. Super cute.

John & Michelle said...

The photo of the two of you just warms my heart!

kitchu said...

oh man i love that pic of you 2

Maia said...

You guys are so cute! I love to see her goin' for it with the big food!