Sunday, January 11, 2009

And now it is 2009

It's been a while since I posted. Plain and simply put, we've had major germs here and are finally on the mend. Emme spent the two weeks following Christmas SICK with a capital S. She had a cold, turned into an URI, turned into a sinus infection at which time the doctor finally decided she needed antibiotics. It was tough being in the house for so long and I think we both were both a wee cranky but time heals all. Grandma spent NYE with us and everyone was sleeping by 10pm. I haven't taken many pictures but here are a few from the birthday party of Emme's BFF which we attended yesterday. Among our plans for early 2009 include a vacation next month. We're heading to Disney for 2 nights (1 day at the Mouse House) and then boarding a ship bound for Mexico and the Caribbean for a week. We are being accompanied by good friends and their daughters so the hope is that the kids have fun and the adults get a little R&R at the kids camp. A girl can dream right? While in Disney we hope to be joined by some fellow AP's and their children making for an even grander celebration. In March we will celebrate Emme's third birthday. I initially wasn't going for a big party and then decided why not? This is her first birthday with me and likely her first celebration so we're going to do it up Mickey style. Until next time.......

6 comments:

Jill said...

I have missed you guys! Sorry to hear that Emme was sick again. I know I have told you this a million times, but Lucy was sick most of her first year home. It drove us all crazy!
I am sooo excited to hear about the exciting trip you guys have coming up! I bet the warm sunshine will be just what the Dr ordered! Can't wait for the pics!!

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since all of us have posted!
She looks adorable and it looks like she is having a lot of fun.

Snowflowers Mum said...

as always, she is freaking adorable...she has one rocking wardrobe! Hope you guys get a break from the icky germs for a while.

Yoli said...

You are going to have a wonderful time. Emme looks like she is not shy at all. She looks so cute.

kitchu said...

glad you guys are on the mend and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

K said...

I just found your blog and I've read half of it in one sitting. My cats are begging me to stop and get their dinner!

Emme is so beautiful. Thank you for being so candid about the hard stuff, too, since it's part of the whole experience.

I love the little outfit Emme is wearing the tumbling pictures. Can you tell me which brand it is? I'd like to see more of their stuff.

Happy New Year!