Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Love

Emme's BFF is Benjamin who is a year older than her. He is the son of a colleague/friend of mine and they can't get enough of each other. They go to daycare and gym class together yet I am guaranteed a call each week where he proclaims his love for Emme and she babbles her jibberish in response. The conversations usually goes like this: Benajmin: Hi Emme, it's Benjamin Emme: BB, OH BB (giggle) Benajmin: Emme I miss you SO much Emme: BB, it Emme. Emme is two. A mouthful of jibberish which I don't understand Benjamin: Yea Emme I know Emme: Bye-bye (kisses the phone) Benajmin: Bye-bye, I love you! After his fun party on Saturday we were invited over on Sunday to help bake cupcakes for his official day on Monday. The kids (and I) watched Enchanted before getting out the bowls, spoons and muffin tins. After the baking was done we all enjoyed dinner at a Thai restaurant but not before Emme enjoyed a visit with the kitty.

9 comments:

Lilly said...

Watch out mama!...and she's only 2 and and 3/4? So sweet and good luck : )

kitchu said...

i had a bff/first love like that at her age- so cute. his name was stephen, still have pics of us... wish i knew his last name i'd so FB him! my mom used to tell me we were inseparable!

Lisa and Tate said...

what an adorable little couple! how sweet the love each other so much!

Michele said...

So cute but Jammer is going to be be sad that she has another man in her life that is more importnat to her. Oh well, he'll learn that women can be fickle.

Anonymous said...

How did Benjamin ever stand a chance? Just look at her! I have a feeling that this is only a preview of things to come..... Good luck, Mama!

Anonymous said...

Pigtails!
They look sweet together. It is nice that they get along.

Snowflowers Mum said...

how sweet...have they shared 'true loves kiss'? I love Enchanted...love it!

Emme looks adorable in piggies

Yoli said...

Oh my, the first boyfriend, how very sweet. You have to video tape them for posterity.

J said...

Oh, that is so sweet! I was going to suggest taping one of those conversations too. Not just to have later on, but to play back for them when they're teenagers.