Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Welcome to 2006

By the end of this year, I hope to be on my way to China to pick up my daughter. I finally feel I am making progress on my dossier. Yesterday I got all my documents certified by Queens County and today they are off to the Secretary of State for certification. After this is complete, it will all go to the Chinese Consulate in NYC for final authentication. Aside from the documents I am finalizing, I am still waiting for my NYS child abuse clearance and home study so I can send in my application with CIS and get my federal fingerprints done. Once I get that approval, I am ON MY WAY!!!!! I tend not to make resolutions but this year it's not about weight but about getting in shape. I want to be able to schlep this little girl everywhere, roll on the floor with her and chase her around on a bicycle. I was pretty brave and I not only joined a gym but I hired a personal trainer too. It's quite the commitment on my part but I have a good motivation behind it. That's about it for now. Happy 2006 everyone!!

No comments: