Saturday, January 14, 2006

Whoever Said Patience is a Virtue Never Adopted from China

I am happy to say that all my documents are currently en route back from the NY Secretary of State. Once I receive them, I will send them to the Chinese Embassy in NYC. My home study should be complete Monday and my social worker said she will email my China Coordinator and I a draft. If she can get it notarized by the 23rd when I see her, I can send in my I-600A, which is the final document I need to be DTC!!!! It can take many months in other states, but NYC is supposed to be one of the quickest. I don't want to be overly optimistic but I expect to be DTC in early February, assuming the CIS sends my approval quickly. I will take my photos in the next week or so and when my dossier is complete, I send it all to my agency with my first large payment. While I'd love to save a few extra bucks, I am hoping to move in the next two months. I could renew my lease for a year but then I have to worry about having to do a lot of stuff in a relatively short period of time. While I won't decorate a nursery now, I would feel better knowing I have the extra bedroom. I don't want to have her to make any more adjustments than are absolutely necessary. We will see what happens. A part of me wishes I could buy something but it's not in the cards right now. My savings will go to the adoption expenses which account for approximately $20,000 when all is said and done. I also want to earmark money that will be used for a baby naming. While not overly religious, I want this for her. When she is older I want her to be able to look back and see that she was welcomed into not only my life, but to my world which does include Judaism, even if reform. I have not had that many life events to celebrate myself so it will be my honor to do this for her. I guess that's it here for now. Hopefully the next post will be one of the last ones before I am officially "paper pregnant". For anyone interested I posted some historical notes relative to the One Child Policy in China.

No comments: