Sunday, June 25, 2006

In a Nutshell....

A handful of folks have asked me where I've been, why I haven't been around much or been my usual "post happy" self. The short answer is I've been sick for the past few weeks and it's been a rocky road. I've been battling migraines and most recently one that's lasted 10 days so far and counting. I was given a few options; one of which was being admitted into the hospital but chose option B so this past Thursday I had some trigger point injections in my neck and head along with some steroids to try and break the cycle. None of the traditional medicines or treatments have worked so far. I don't know the cause of them yet and am still undergoing tests but it's been very painful to say the least. I'm coming off the medicine I've been on but that will take 3 weeks to wean off and in the interim I'm suffering with a constant headache. It's gone from a constant throbbing pain to a dull ache but it's there nonetheless. The doctor I'm working with has been incredibly supportive despite the fact that I've called him so many times, most recently in tears from the pain. I had an MRI yesterday and go for a sleep study and EEG as soon as I get a pre-authorization from the insurance company. So that's it in a nutshell. To those who have asked and those who have wondered where I've been, I appreciate the concern. I'm not someone who gets sick often so it's scary, especially now. Hopefully I'll be able to get this problem rectified soon and be back to my not-so-old self soon.

5 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Wow! I get migranes, and I can't imagine a ten day migrane. I hope they figure it out quickly.

Keep us posted.

Lost and Found said...

Thanks Stacy, me too!

C's Mom said...

Get that figured out and feel better QUICK. That is TOO long to feel like *$&%!

Beth and Shayna said...

Feel better sweetie. As another migraine sufferer, I can understand fully. I will think good thoughts for you. Oh, my mom is in NY for a few days and she wanted to find where you got that onesie with shayna's name on it. She loves reading your blog.

Polar Bear said...

Where are you? I hope you are just busy. Drop a line when you get a chance to let us know all is well.

Stacy