Sunday, March 09, 2008

Washington D.C. or How to Celebrate a Year in Love

MP and I thought it would be nice to do something special to celebrate our first year together.  He was kind enough to humor me for a weekend in DC.  Other than a brief business trip I had not been there as a tourist since childhood so it was a chance to return, show respect for the rich history which makes up the US and pay my respects for those honored for their service.  We stayed at a Hyatt Regency in Fairfax which is a great hotel that we have enjoyed immensely.  I can say we walked several miles just trying to squeeze in the basic sights.  Part of considering the culture and heritage of my future child, I had a deep feeling within me to explore what is easily accessible for me and to serve as a reminder as to how lucky, we the people of the United States are and how blessed we are to have our freedoms.  With each and every opportunity I thanked the service men and women I came in contact with.  I don't agree with the war but I support those out there fighting it.

No comments: