Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Earthquake Relief

******Update The Ford Foundation is matching donations to the China earthquake relief when your donation is made via Global Giving. HTS still gets the money but it automatically doubles your genorosity and can help more families in need. I made my donation last night, did you? I still can't  fathom the damage from the earthquake in China.  It rattles me to know that my girl is there and I can't get to her immediately and bring her home.  I encourage you if you can to please give something to help the relief efforts no matter how small.  I am a huge fan of Half the Sky and am proud of all the work they do.  They have set up an earthquake relief fund and have already raised close to $35,000.  I don't think you can put a price on the loss of lives but all the families who have lost children, children who have lost parents and the ones sleeping outside due to the aftershocks without water, electricity or water.  Fortunately the weather has been getting warmer of there would be an entirely different crisis.  As of today Ford Motor Co is matching every donation made to HTS.

No comments: