Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Skip to My (Emmy) Lou My Darling

So MP (man person) refers to my Emme Li as EmmyLou. It's his pet name for her because when I told him her name he looked confused. Today I received a packet from my wonderful agency containing all of her original referral documents from China including a note I had not previously seen. It says, "....she can skip and hop and have simple conversation". I think hopping is a sign of brilliance. That's my girl!!!!! This is not a new photo but one of my favorites. It brings me much joy to se her smile with one of her favorite caregivers.

13 comments:

"M2" said...

that sweet little face

she has a good chin......anyone mentioned that yet?

Rhonda said...

Soon mama...soon...

Cavatica said...

I love her face - and hopping is GOOD! I bet you can't wait to see her hop!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I stumbled onto your blog through Danielle. I felt an immediate connection to you, as we have a bio daughter named Emme...we are awaiting her Mei Mei. Our lid is 9/4/07. Congrats on your referral!

Lost and Found said...

Another Emme? Yipee! Thanks for stopping by Heldy

RamblingMother said...

Too cute. I am so glad MP is on board with this adoption!!

Debby said...

Lisa...Is "Lou" the universal middle name?? Many people call Lindsi...Lindsi Lou....I don't know where they got that.

Your Emme is so photogenic...get ready to take lots of pictures. I'm glad that you have this picture as a connection to her past.

Debby
mom to Lindsi & Jami

Red Sand said...

Such wonderful news - simple things (skipping and hopping), but significant signs of life nonetheless. All the best.

Juliette said...

That sweet smile! That pic is great for sure.
Maybe less than a month to meet her!

Maia said...

That's my favorite picture too!! What a cutie!!!!I love that little bow-shaped smile!

kitchu said...

God she is so cute. And damn straight hopping is a sign of brilliance!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Your daughter is breathtaking... what a smile filled with joy....
God's Speed,
Daleea

AmyO said...

She sure is beautiful! Congratulations :)