Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thank You

To everyone who called or emailed to see if my girl was okay, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Emme and her friends are all safe and sound in the Changchun area which is quite north of the epicenter of the earthquake.  My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy. While I always felt I had a firm grasp on the one-child policy, it never hit me as much as when I read of parents hovering and sleeping over the bodies of their children who perished.  Not to say that one child has more value than another but I imagine losing your only child is the worst pain a human being can feel.

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

So glad she is fine!! You are right the loss of any child is heartbreaking but an only child is devasting too!!

Yoli said...

I am very happy to hear she is fine. I totally agree with your comment. It is heartbreaking to loose your only child.

Cavatica said...

I'm so glad to hear Emme is fine. I, too, can't stop thinking of the families who lost their only children - and I wonder about the ones they may have lost before through forced abortion or abandonment.