Monday, June 23, 2008

The Empress's New Shoes

The princess has new shoes. She wasn't happy about it but it's done. Not that she'll walk anywhere but they're little pink/white sneakers a la Bob Dog. They'll do until we can come home and hit Stride Rite. The ones on the left are the too large sandals she came to me in but we will save them along with her dress. She is petrified of leaving the room and the elevator and lobby just brings her to hysterics but the periods are a tad shorter. I was able to leave this morning for an hour to handle finances at the bank with my wonderful guide (and shoe shopper). Emme was fine with grandma-ma. She still doesn't "like" her but she tolerates her and accepted a scrambled egg from her this morning in my absence. She slept 10 hours last night but woke and cried and ended up with me for a bit. I did receive an unsolicited kiss just a bit ago on my chin. She is quite the character. Pics later though not many since we're low key. Leaving for the adoption office in 45 minutes. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emme is SOOO adorable, Lisa. Thrilled for you all the way from Oregon. Hugs to you both as you do the next piece of making Emme your daughter.

Christine

Anonymous said...

I just think it's amazing how she is smiling after one day! She looks to be enjoying all this attention! Sound like the two of you are doing well. I bet your arms are going to be VERY sore! ha ha. I'm so happy for you and loving reading about your trip. She is truly adorable!! I bet your tired! Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

I put my new shoes on and suddenly everythings A okay.

Yoli said...

Love her pink shoes!!! Can't wait to see hair in Stride Rite.